3/05/2008

GOOD READ:A Problem From Hell by Samantha Power


I randomly picked up this book for a random read and I must say it keeps my eyes open. I'm not quite yet finish with it (due to other things that's going on around me) but I find myself in a war with time to give this novel some peace. It's based on the cruel genocide against the Armenians by the Turkish government. A Problem From Hell also discusses the involvement and reactions of the U.S. Over 1 million Armenians were suppressed, thrown in camps, died from transit and slaughtered because of their Christian belief.And the main thing that keeps me going "what the fuck" (because I know genocide is nothing new)is the outside knowledge of this genocide and the little that was being done during this Turkish field day. And so I'm still reading...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home